- LINDA MARTEN:
- Masters degree in Social Work from the University of Washington (1978).
- Founder, “Get Help Parenting”, specializing in parenting skills & resiliency training. Additional expertise in teaching kids (& adults) how to stop being teased & bullied; at school, work, home, etc.
- California Credentialed Parent Educator since 1998.
- Member of California Teachers Association (CTA).
- Certified “Bullies to Buddies” Trainer, by Izzy Kalman, New York school psychologist.
- Extensive experience teaching & training parents and teachers.
- Leads interactive, fun, informative workshops for parents and teachers from diverse socio-economic, racial & cultural backgrounds.
- Mother of two children.
“I know what parents go through. I’ve lived through the ups and downs of motherhood, marriage and midlife. I bring experience, understanding, strength, humor and hope to parents and kids.” Linda Marten
Parenting Workshops and Presentations
Individual Parent Coaching
Resiliency Training for victims of bullying
In-Service Trainings for teachers and business professionals
- Parenting the Teenager
- Stress and Parenting
- Conflicts, Communication Skills, & Setting Limits
- The Teen Brain
- Kids and Technology
- Transition to Middle School & Puberty
- How to Stop Being Bullied (a new approach to an old problem)
- Parenting the Child with Special Needs
- Protecting Children from Child Abuse
- Understanding Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Transition to the “Empty Nest” (when the kids leave home)